My name is Fatou Gaye, I am the mother of the children’ shelter, and Head of Midwivery. I would like to introduce to you our DARRA DONATION POOL
**Read here what is our Darra about
The DARRA DONATION POOL pools all finances in favour of the STIN Foundation children’s shelter, to secure that all children profit equally. Also, it is our way to cooperate with donors as transparent and efficient as possible.
Why we pool donations
We strongly believe that, only pooled donations give all children an equal and common sense of being welcome and worth the support.
As we usually don’t know for how long a given child lives with us, pooled donation doesn’t favor longterm children on expenses of shortterm children.
A donation pool enables quick responds to changing needs. It reduces adminstrative work, and still provides as much transparency as every donor deserves.
How the Darra Donation Pool works
The pool is filled with
1.) profits of the Foundation’s clinic, and
2.) by donations.
Clinic’s revenues depend on external circumstances and are always threatened by unexpected collaps of incoming patients, as we currently experience due to corona crises. Therefore, committed longterm donors save a substantial part of the children’s shelter montly expenditures.
The girls’ shelter most important monthly expenses
What you can expect as a longterm donor
- You choose your own donation amount.
- You can stop donating at any time without explanation.
- Coordination by German cooperation partner GBG e.V. – Gesundheit und Bildung Gambia e.V. (Health and Education Gambia), because our own bank does not belong to the EURO zone, thus cannot have IBAN.
- 100% of all donations are transferred to the Darra.
- Administrative costs are completely covered by GBG e.V..
Need more information?
Please do not hesitate to contact us:
We will be honored to receive your message.